Just Change Fairly Traded Tea
When you buy Just Change tea, you get good tea at a fair price, and are also helping to challenge an unjust trading system.
80 bags of fairly traded high quality, pure Indian tea. Foil-packed for freshness.
Just Change is about trade justice. Sometimes called ‘fair trade plus’. Here’s how it works.
- In India, a cooperative of adivasi people grows and plucks the tea, and, as part of Just Change, are paid a fair price at the outset.
- They trade their tea with local communities, and export it to the UK
- Volunteer groups, fair trade shops, food co-operatives, community groups and social enterprises sell the tea to the public at a realistic, transparent and relatively low price.
- Just Change keeps the price of the tea in the UK as affordable as possible, so that community groups can afford to buy it, sell it on, and generate some surplus to reinvest in their own activities.
- Members of the Just Change network decide how any surplus generated should be distributed, ensuring that everyone benefits.